The Commonwealth Government incentive of up to $2000 is available to employers who specifically contract an ASBA. School Principals (or their delegate) will be asked to acknowledge and endorse an ASBA by being a signatory to the Training Plan attached to the Contract of Training. This will signify the ASBA is an integral part of the school program which will require some or all of the following:
- The student will use school time to attend work and/or training and the school supports the student with personal timetable adjustments
- The student will exchange one or more SACE subject unit(s) for the nominal hours of VET competencies studied as part of the Contract of Training
- The school submits student VET results related to the Contract of Training that will contribute to their SACE completion (preferably by November each year)
- The school develops specific SACE units to assist in further VET or work placement hours recognition
- The school supports the student through counseling, mentoring, and support.
- The school ensures the ASBA is built into each student's Learning Pathways Plan and supported through high quality career information and case management.
Student counsellors/VET coordinators or nominated teachers will assist the student in planning for an ASBA by helping them to select the most appropriate subjects that meet their planned career pathways and SACE pattern requirements.